Saturday, August 22, 2009

Summer Vacation - Day 1

The Cottage - Bailey's Harbor, WI
The view of the water from the front door of the cottage.
Today was the first day of our Gnorski Family Vacation! We loaded up the Family Truckster and off we went. I'm not exageratting on the loaded up part of the car. The whole back of the SUV was filled to the top, all corners packed with stuff. We had a car top carrier on top of the car, three bikes on the back of the car (thanks Auntie Heather for letting us use your bike rack) and we even worked a tricycle in the middle seats in between where Katelyn and I sit! It took us about four hours (plus a lunch stop and a couple of potty breaks) to get to our destination in Door County, WI. I guess I have been there once before but I don't really remember it because I was super little so it was really like it was th first time we ever got to go to 'the door county'.

When we got there, we unloaded all of our things and moved right in! I'm the fastest one in the house so I picked the coolest bed for my place to sleep and then dad started dinner. We couldn't fit the gas grill in our car so dad had to use a charcoal grill. We had brats our first night for dinner. All I will really say is that Dad isn't used to cooking on a charcoal grill. We had a visit from the care taker of the cottage and he wasn't paying attention and he burned the brats! He burned them so bad that even the critters who dug through that night's garbage didn't even eat the left over brats! Don't worry Dad redeemed himself!




No comments:

Post a Comment