Thursday, March 29, 2007

Very Hungry Caterpillar

Today I took my very hungry caterpillar to school with me. Just the other day I was helping my dad with some of the yard work and we found this caterpillar. He was brown and black and very fuzzy. I held him so tight until we found a safe home for it (in the Ragu Spaghetti Sauce jar). We filled it with fresh grass and twigs and I even put it in my room so it would stay warm and get a good nights rest. On day two, the caterpillar wasn't in a little ball any more but rather was stretched out on top of all the fresh grass. All I could say was, "On Monday ate through one apple but he was still hungry". The next morning (today) when I woke up he was climbing the twigs. We gave him a fresh green leaf to eat for breakfast on our way to school. When we got to school I didn't even say bye to my Mom, I was just to busy showing my caterpillar off to all of the kids in my class. Wow, it was a great day. Tomorrow I am planning on giving it five oranges (if mom lets me!) I'm can't wait for it to turn into a beautiful butterfly!

No comments:

Post a Comment