Is anyone hungry for apple pie or apple pancakes or applesauce or putting apples in anything that you think could use apples? If so, come on over to our house! We just went apple picking and we have lots and lots of apples to spare! It didn't really look like that much when we started filling our bags but when we had to carry the bags up the hill to get back to our car it sure seemed like a lot then! We got McIntosh, Jonathon, Cortland, Empire and even some green apples that the Grandpa on the farm said are the Granny Smith apples of Wisconsin. Mom and I are about to make an apple pie called Apple Crunch. Mom said this one will be easy because you don't have to make a crust with it! I'm up for the challenge but Mom has stated that she is no good with pie crusts. Grandma Jackie is pretty good with apple pies that I remember but now that I think about it she might get a little help from Mrs. Smith herself! We also made homemade applesauce. I think mom put a little too much cinnamon in it but otherwise it was "pretty good". We've actually been baking all weekend and it doesn't even look like we made a dent in our pile! Katie has even helped by taking one bite out a couple of apples and then putting them down!
We had lots of fun and we searched out the biggest apples possible! And you know what, I could reach some of the really big apples because I have grown 2 1/4 inches since June! You'd be amazed at how much better the apples on the apple trees are 2 1/4 inches higher on the tree.
Come on over any time for apple delicious treats!
We had lots of fun and we searched out the biggest apples possible! And you know what, I could reach some of the really big apples because I have grown 2 1/4 inches since June! You'd be amazed at how much better the apples on the apple trees are 2 1/4 inches higher on the tree.
Come on over any time for apple delicious treats!
Mikey,
ReplyDeleteWe LOVE your new background! We had so much fun playing at your house and can't stop talking about all the neat toys you have. Thanks for sharing so nicely with us!
xoxo Ryan and Jack