Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day of Firsts...

I think it's pretty cool when you get to do something for the very first time and then you learn that it is also the very first time your dad has done that same thing! This weekend my mom dragged us all to the Farmer's Market at the square in Madison. There hundreds of people there and it was pretty crowded and overall I'm not really sure we wanted to be there and I think Mom knew that too but none-the-less we were there and we should all make the best of it! We were all pretty good sports. There was one stand that was selling honey and they even had a whole section of a honey comb where the bees were making honey. We saw the queen bee and everything. That was cool but the really cool part of the day was getting to go inside the State Capitol building.

I had asked Mom if we could get out and walk around and see if we could get closer to the building. Mom said sure and guess what she opened the door to the Capitol and in we went. She must have known the secret password just like the other people to be able to get in the Capitol on Saturday. We went into the middle of the building and looked up, it was so awesome. Somebody got to paint all over the ceiling. I wish I could do that in my room. I looked over at my dad and told him that I thought this was a very cool building and my dad said he thought so too and then he told me that he had never been in this building before. So there we were just me, dad, mom and katelyn were staring at the painted ceiling of our capitol building. Very cool doing something for the first time with my dad! Then we had to pee and off we were exploring the building to find the potties! Katelyn's potty was upstairs so we climbed up and down the stairs a ton of times and then we walked around the building a couple of other times to find the boys potty! What a great way to tour our State's Capitol, look for the bathrooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment