Monday, June 22, 2009

AMAZING Day!

I had the best day today and I'm not even sure where to start to tell you all about it. Maybe it should start at the beginning...

Today was my first day of going to "Elementary". We started by dropping Katelyn off at her school and then Mom, Dad and I went to the school where I was going to begin my adventure of being a kindergartener. We got there just on time and we walked right to the "Blue" room which is where my name tag told us we were supposed to go. I met my new teacher and she told me to go into the hallway to find my locker. Guess what, there was a locker with just my name on it. It was so cool and I'm so very happy that we got one because mom and I were talking about how scary "Elementary" was going to be and not having a place for my stuff seemed to make it even scarier. I put my new backpack into my locker and I went back into the classroom. Right away I met two new friends, Cai and Joey. Mom and Dad were hanging out in the back of the classroom talking with my teacher and I'm sure they were just there making sure that everything was ok but they needed to go. I politely went up to my dad and said "Dad, I think you can go now." He gave me a big smile and he took my mom out into the hallway and then I didn't see them for the rest of my first day in my new classroom. We sang songs, we talked about letters and we even did an art project. Probably the best part was recess and I even got to see other boys that I knew from my old school.

After school was over, I got to do another first thing for me. I GOT TO RIDE ON THE SCHOOL BUS! Oh my goodness. I got to take the shuttle bus from my school to another point and then I got to even take another bus after that to get to my old school. I did awesome. I was not afraid, I was a great listener and I even met two new friends on the bus. On the way to the transfer point I sat in the front of the bus, kind of by the driver, and I sat with another girl from my class. When we got to the transfer point, I got on the #9 bus and it was pretty full and sat way in the back and school ager let me sit with him. This school ager was so nice. He was so nice in fact that when the bus arrived at my drop off point and because we were in the way back, the school ager yelled out to make sure that the bus driver didn't close the doors before I got off. One of my teachers, Ms. Jen was waiting for all of us and she made sure we got into school safely.

And if that isn't enough to make the day really great, there's more! After mom and dad picked up Katelyn and I from La Petite, we went swimming at the mushroom pool. Guess who I saw at the pool? You will never guess. I saw one of my new friends, Joey! How cool is that! I put on my new swim goggles and I did a really great job of swimming under water in the mushroom pool and because I had my goggles on I didn't even get any water in my eyes! Mom had gotten a new life jacket for me for "when I go fishing with Grandpa Steve" and we needed to practice how to use it before we went fishing. At first I wanted nothing to do with this life jacket but after awhile I really wanted to go into the big pool and dad said only if I put this life jacket on...well, it was awesome! I could float all by myself and we had been practicing some of the things I had learned in my swimming lessons and I could do it all by myself! Dad didn't have to hold onto me (but he was right there in case I needed him, what a great dad!) I doggie paddled all over that pool. I felt just like the school agers!

Today was a day jam packed with milestone accomplishments. I am ready to be a kindergarterner and I am even ready to be a great swimmer. I hope tomorrow is just as good but its going to be really hard to top this one!

(Now that I've got the hang of what we are supposed to do and where we are supposed to be, I have a funny feeling that the papparazzi (i.e. my mom) will be following me tomorrow. Look for picture postings!)

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting day Michael! It sounds like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete